Dr. Kaestner’s ophthalmology credentials are impeccable. Following her undergraduate education at Stanford University, she completed medical school at Duke University. Residency at the University of California, San Francisco in Ophthalmology was followed by additional sub-specialty training in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. In addition, she completed a Dermatology fellowship at Harvard Medical Center.
She is board certified and a member of the senior medical staff at Scripps Memorial Hospital, a Fellow of The American Academy of Ophthalmology and a member of The International Society of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons. She is also a Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and has been a member of the Medical Advisory Boards for Allergan and Medicis/Galderma for over 17 years.
Dr. Kaestner emphasizes a patient-physician partnership of genuine quality care. She is sought for her expertise in cosmetic and reconstructive eyelid surgery. As one of the nation’s leading authorities on BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dr. Kaestner trains physicians to administer BOTOX® and is one of only two physicians in the San Diego area whose practice is designated a National Training Center by BOTOX® manufacturer Allergan. Her expertise has taken her to Brazil, Hong Kong, Japan, and Canada for educational presentations.
- Stanford University, Bachelor of Science, Human Biology
- Duke University Medical School, Doctor of Medicine
- University of California at San Francisco, Ophthalmology
- South Atlantic Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists – Student Fellowship Award
- The Mosby Book Award for Student Leadership – Duke Medical School
- The Asbury Award for Outstanding Resident Paper – University of California at San Francisco – Department of Ophthalmology
- Top Docs San Diego
- Allergan National Education Faculty Member
- Medicis/Galderma Advisory Board Member
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- California Medical Association
Dr. Kaestner loves international travel, gourmet cooking, and reading. She is the mother of 5 children and speaks conversational Spanish, French, and Italian.